Thursday, July 2, 2009

in two's.

Do I have to be challenged by others to magnify my creative crystal ball?

Okay bullets:


cause why?: Creator of song that seems like my favorite: City Girl
blossoming in my belly: I heard this song years ago and thought it was from some 90's nostalgic memory I couldn't place. Really I had just heard it in Lost in Translation and resulted in the same fake memory; to then again have this same EXACT memory on some car ride to somewhere far away while listening to the LiT soundtrack and having quite the "aha!" moment.
brain sparks: Reminds me of all those times I felt cool (at least seemingly) to older teenagers who I had no reason in putting on that pedestal we both lust after and loathe. Plus daycare and all the things that seem sad to other people, but were probably bigBIG reasons of why music that sounds like it was made in the 90's makes me feel like I'm an airplane.



cause why?: Person I'm most influenced by sub-consciously: link.
blossoming in my belly: It's like one of those things where you doubt yourself "creatively" (or something just as demeaning sounding) and then while channel surfing you stumble upon Demetri Martin and he's telling jokes on an easel, and it's like, "hey! I had that idea first". Then why didn't you do it? Oh cause you were too afraid of being "cliche" or "blasé". I had that lovely punch-in-the-stomach feeling 100x over while watching Me and You And Everyone We Know, and then I died when I read No One Belongs Here More Than You. Died.
brain sparks: Anything I've read or seen by her makes me feel like a spiral staircase. It's not even some deep metaphor either. Like I literally feel like I'm falling down a spiral staircase. Because it seems fun to fall in a spiral. My Miranda. My July.

p.s. This is another project I'm starting, "in two's.". It will just be a magnification of obsessions that have taken place since the beginning of (my) time. There will eventually be vocal dialogue and possibly a hand puppet.


No comments: