Wednesday, March 18, 2009

doobs.

I've been neglecting the whole male genre of style haven't I?

Whoops.

It's just harder to beat "typical" when you're a dude. Beat me up for saying that all you want, but it's true! Less is so much more when it comes to gents, and that can be hard to do when you're trying to rip through the seams of expected.

Fear not! There are simple solutions. Color is the hardest part. If you use too much you risk looking too young, or in other's cases you just end up looking a bit unfortunate.
pictures courtesy of thesatorialist.com



I don't know about you, but I'm sick of all these neon, new-wave 80's crap. Can we be over the 80's already? I think it's safe to say the 80's were the decade of complete hoonanny innovation. People just didn't give a rat's, but it's time to innovate toward a more dapper time while keeping the free spirit the 80's taught us.







High h2o's! Simple shoes as staples! Vague pops of color!


Now I realize some of these are maybe a bit too conservative for some of you, but how about nixing the slacks for some dark levis and cuffing (pegging!) the ends. Show a little ankle. Kick off the loafers and match it with some old school classic cheng plimsoll's, or my personal favorite, lace up vans (yum!). Unbutton a few of those shirt button maybe. Gimme a little chest. Wink.

Mixing textures and patterns CORRECTLY is a style accomplishment. Not everyone can do it. It's something you actually do have to "be able to pull off". It's all in how you rock it.


So as an end to this thing, all in all I think it's most rewarding to see complete selfless style from anyone, but above all in males. It really is just an attractive treat to witness. So keep that in mind. I just like to give tips.

<3

1 comment:

Chelsealocks said...

I couldn't agree more. 80's are the past. Vintage is good, but too much of such a LOUD decade is just overkill. Fluorescent can only be on so many parts of your body ya know?