Thursday, April 23, 2009

pretending.

An interview I stole from The Sartorialist and made mine:

Best Sartorial advice from your parents?

"Do you like it...okay then, that's all that matters"

Style icons?
Mary-Kate, Iris Apfel, old dudes.

Describe your personal style...
Your grandmother on mars in grandpa's shirt.

I build my daily look around?
No basis. Don't think, just do. The best outfits come together that way.

Personal Style quirk?
Subtle add-ons and making what's his, mine.

Favorite designers?
Phillip Lim, Alexander Wang, Tracy Reese, Rag and Bone...

Most cherished item?
Everything my grandmother's given me, vintage wooden ring I seem to always lose, and a couple pairs of boots.

Never caught wearing?
A halter, Uggs (vom), flipflops, leg warmers, cargo pants.

Most underrated item in menswear/womenswear?
I think MW is really branching out for the better right now, and it seems like more and more dudes are getting the hang of it. As far as WW, I think maybe heels are being overlooked more now because of the explosion of flats over the past few seasons. It's time to get back to our roots ladies.

Dress to impress who?
Yourself.

Flats or heels?
I enjoy both, I just think heels are more stunning. Flats are too universal.

Favorite stores?
Barney's (when shopping during zzz's). I try not to stick to one place.

Your next "must have" purchase?
A fur collar! Oh, and a new hat. One that's like Mary Poppins meets Tiger Lilly. Keep an eye out.

I skimp when buying ...
Leggings.

I splurge on...
A great dress/pair of shoes. Or if I "JUST HAVE TO HAVE IT", which surprisingly doesn't happen too often.

Favorite item of clothing?
Currently: This seemingly futuristic black and white polka dot dress I got thrift. It reminds me of space.

Favorite fashion magazines?
Vogue and W. Nylon just isn't hittin it lately.

Favorite (style) books?
Apartamento, 70's sewing books, Ghost World

Favorite stylish movies?
Manhattan, Annie Hall, Catch Me If You Can, Vertigo, Amelie, Say Anything, Rushmore, Ocean's 11, Reality Bites. I'm sure I could think of more if I tried.

Favorite vacation spot?
I can't pick a favorite yet!

Favorite neighborhood restaurant?
Fresh to Order and Sri Thai.

No comments: