Tuesday, June 16, 2009

CFDA awards.

One day I'll go to one of these. Most likely would've peed my Acne's because almost all of my favorites won:
All pictures courtesy of style.com.
Although in an achingly classic ensemble I feel as though Jeff Halmos has been peering into my brain. Hmm.

My numero uno Phillip Lim of 3.1 Phillip Lim with some model (Georgie Badiel) that needs to be me, in his clothing. Swooning over his pants.

Jeffrey Costello and Robert Tagliapietra of Costello Tagliapietra.

My favorite of the Willis' girls. The youngest, yet the one who's most fashion forward. Also could be because she's the most model looking of the three. Anyway, here's Tallulah Belle in Calvin Klein Collection.

Gorgie Ashley Olsen in a coral vintage piece. Gimme!

Long, long, longtime love of mine Anna Sui deservedly took home the "Lifetime Achievement Award". I can actually remember stumbling upon her at Saks circa like '99 while watching my mom aimlessly browse and just being like THIS KIND OF STUFF EXISTS?? Good for you, Anna.

Seriously Band of Outsiders is my favorite collection this year. I've been meaning to do a write-up on the collection for awhile now, but I think most fashion blogs have handled that for me. It's just everything we need right now. So, bravo! Scott Sternerg for winning "Menswear Designer of the Year", but duhhh.

One of my favorites, Alexander Wang won the "Swarovski Award for Womenswear " and Dree Hemingway wore one of his cut-out designs.

The girls of, in my opinion, the most innovative relatively newb label Rodarte won "Womenswear Designers of the Year", and had cute Kirsten Dunst prance around in one of their pieces.


I suppose that's enough, but a huge silent applause and invisible tear to everyone. I think it's been one of the most influential times in (my) history for fashion and I'm happy that I can pretend to be apart of it.
Here's to the Christian Joy's and the Ilana Bronstein's (and of course Christian Joy and Ilana Bronstein themselves) of next years awards!

No comments: